Public Art Research Archive, Sheffield
PUBLIC ART IN SHEFFIELD
'The Creation', 1890
Fargate and Norfolk Row
[Listed Building: Grade II]
Carmel House (Old YMCA building),
49-63 Fargate - at the corner of Fargate and Norfolk Row. (A-Z p.5 3E)
Relief culptures by Frank Tory,
showing the Creation, above the first floor windows. Higher up, a collecton
of heraldic creatures. Inscribed date on the building is 1890.
Built in 1890 by H Lockwood for
the YMCA, with extensive facilities.
Turned into offices in 1966.
Sheffield City Centre Walkabout' - leaflet produced by The Victorian Society
of this piece
page maintained by Dave
Slide Collection, Learning and IT Services
September 5, 2006